Any personal data held by us, by which you can be identified by, will be processed in accordance with this policy.
CMC Partnership Asia Pte and its parent organisation CMC Partnership (UK) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with the changes we make.
This policy is effective from October 2017.
- Protecting your personal information
- You may choose to share your personal data with us by making an online enquiry, or by sending us an email.
- We will protect your privacy and process your personal information in line with the guidance set out by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPA), the guidance in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and with the EU General Data Protection Law (GDPR) when it comes into force in 2018.
- CMC Partnership (UK) Ltd, as the parent company of CMC Asia Pte. is the data controller in respect to the information which you provide to this website.
- Jane McIntosh has been appointed by CMC Partnership UK Ltd to act as the company's Data Protection Officer. She can be contacted at any time to provide more information on this subject, or to receive your comments and feedback.
- Information which we may collect from you
- You may provide us with your personal information by completing forms on our website or by sending us an email. This may include subscribing to any of our services; requesting newsletters, obtaining downloads, registering for events, or applying for a job in which you may provide your name, address, email and contact numbers, etc.
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and we may retain details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and a record of the resources you access.
- We may keep a record of your website preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys, offers made by us and details of the transactions you complete through the website and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Use of your information
- We will use your personal information to contact you in response to your enquiry.
- We will store your contact data so we can provide you with other CMC products and services that you may be interested in.
- We may also contact you ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- You have the option to unsubscribe from these communications at any time and we will no longer contact you.
- Location of your information
- The data that we collect from you via www.cmcpartnership.sg is stored in professional datacentres within the USA
- Your data may be transferred outside the USA to a destination within the EEA if it appears from your records that you may be interested in the Company's goods and services provided outside Asia.
- Your data may be shared with Prosci (see 5. Disclosure of your information). In this case your contact data will be stored in the USA.
- Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our organisation, this includes employees of our parent organisation CMC Partnership UK Ltd and our other subsidiary company CMC Schweiz.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell a substantial part of our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a third party, the prospective buyer of such business as part of the transferred purchased assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CMC Partnership(UK) Ltd, our customers, or others we will do so. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or to comply with government regulations.
- Controlling your personal information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you would like to request the removal of your information from our records you may contact us at any time.
Please email the company's Data Protection Officer, or write to the Data Protection Officer using the following address; CMC Partnership (UK) Ltd, The Barn, Grace Dieu Court, Dingestow, Monmouth, NP25 4EB.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have reasonable security measures in place in order to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once your information is received it is managed in line with recognised industry security good practice to safeguard it as best we can, but we cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective.
- Your personal information will only be seen by those who have a legitimate reason for seeing it.
- Your data may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our suppliers.
- Our staff may be engaged in, amongst other things the downloading of your CV, fulfilment of your order and the provision of our services.
- By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- Third parties who are authorised to access, store and manage our data sets (which include your personal information records) are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- CMC Partnership Asia Pte does not collect, access, store or process any payment information on this site.
- Cookies - what is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer records. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies on our website are used for a variety of different purposes, but generally speaking their use breaks down into the following categories:
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
These allow us to recognise and count the number of users of our website and see how such users navigate through our website. This helps to improve how our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. We use Google Analytics to gain insight into how this website is used, and can access information on the most visited pages on our website, the geographical locations of our visitors, time spent on the website and the number of times a link has been clicked, amongst many other useful statistics. The information provided by Google Analytics does not allow us to identify individual users. Google uses around four cookies, usually named __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz for populating and sending anonymous data to Google Analytics.
These improve the functional performance of our website and make it easier for you to use. For example, such cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged in to it.
In order to give the best possible browsing experience, we use session cookies to temporarily store data. Session cookies are used to keep track of your activity as you move from page to page through the website. They keep track of any information that you enter to prevent you having to re-enter it on subsequent pages. Our session cookies do not collect any personal/traceable data about you and are automatically deleted when you close your browser: No data is stored following your visit about you or your activities. The session cookie used on this website is called SESS (random string)
These record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will then use this information to make advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Removing & managing cookies
To ensure that you are in control of your privacy at all times, all web browsers give you the option to disable cookies. For up to date, step-by-step instructions on how to control or delete cookies, please visit this site.
- Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you use these links to leave our site please be aware that we do not have any control over that other website and therefore we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.